Saturday 31 May 2014

First Time Working

So after the hectic two years just to prepare for writing correctly on mentally challenging sets of papers, came the long waited holidays.
It was nice to literally have nothing to do, having enough leisure time to even just lie on my bed or spend a few minutes looking at the clouds which I haven't in a rather long while.
Awesome, but yeah naturally it gets a bit boring after a while (too short a while for me maybe) and I always wanted to try working since my parents never gave green light last time.
So one day, Tania asked for her cousin if anyone wanted to do part time for Christmas and Japanese New Year event at Liang Court, Clarke Quay, I decided to give it a try (:

Xin Hao the crazy monkey also signed up for it. It was hell lot of fun working with him haha!
Since he started earlier than me, he already knew a few people.
There was one day where he spammed text me to complain about a certain someone because the quality and QUANTITY of work done by that person is...negative. She might have been better not around.

The higher ups there are really decent people.
Tania's cousin, Kase, Vicky, Yi Ling, Lyn, were all crazy people who's fun to be with.
I think I've got pretty good luck to have met them as my first few bosses since they are the type who can even treat you as friends and joke together with.
Anyway here are some funnier stories that I can remember very clearly...

Things we did with the company trolley...
So many of the times we had to use the company trolley kept at the customer service to transport things in the mall for example, redemption gifts...Christmas trees (nude and decorared ones).
After a while..(like half a month) Xin Hao and I often get bored AND crazy for nonsense so..there was once we took turn to sit on the trolley while the other push.
Then we would push damn fast for the wind or make sudden turn in attempt to TRY and throw the person out of the trolley (no one fell of course).
Of course, we did it even in front of shoppers -.- I guess this is what YOLO means haha sorry for the bad image.

Another one was our little drama acting. During the days of moving HUGE ASS GIFT BOXES from the office storeroom on the the...hmm. M5 (just take it as fifth floor) to the storeroom on the second floor, there is a long stretch of corridor that we must pass before reaching the M5 storeroom.
So there was once I was walking quite a bit in front of Xin Hao, and he was pushing the trolley.
I heard him pushing damn fast and I turned to confirm it. Somehow, some part of me was instinctively telling me to act this way hahaha it's insane.
I ran like he is trying to knock me down with it (he probably did want to act like he is going to knock me down)
So I ran..until the end of the straight stretch where it branches into left and right I would literally JUMP TO ONE SIDE AND ROLL. Just the way you see it in movies when someone is like dodging a car. Jump and roll yo.
Then we would laugh like nobody's business.
What's worse is that we did it more than once.
What's WORST is that we did still, after knowing that there's a surveillance camera shooting right at the corner where I jump and roll and Xin Hao will run to. HAHA. What's wrong with us? That's the way we had fun man..yeah fun. Okay, fun.

Random Stuff we savaged 
Goes back to the period of clearing storeroom...there were a lot of old props that weren't needed.
We were tasked to clear them out and dispose it, and in the process we found some interesting things and XIN HAO, OF COURSE, started playing with them...

Xin Hao is in it. He said he must try it before throwing it away so er..yup. You can see it's rather dirty (:

Parts of a faulty christmas tree..he was supposed to be posing as some maple character? Haha!

Now this is the hit. He was actually carrying this while I was carrying other stuff behind him.
I notice how he's skinny and was quite aligned with it while walking so I started to laugh and told him.
He and his playfulness, as expected, got him to purposely align it and take a photo.
I must say, it's perfect HAHAHA!

Just a pic of my messed up hair after half a day of travelling up and down to throw stuff.

Another weird toy we found...for lucky draw or something?

Our Gay New Year
So it's a new year. First January of 2014. Xin Hao and I worked the same shift and he asked me to drink with him after work.
I haven't drank with him before that because he did not join the post-prom party where everyone drank quite a bit.
Well if I had, I wouldn't have accepted it on this day ALONE..
Work ended and we went to 7-11 to get some drinks.
Well it's Clarke Quay and countdown to new year, so it was damn crowded there on the bridge and along the river. Xin Hao got himself a cup of maggee mee as well.
When we were walking on the bridge this really hyper angmoh came to Xin Hao and started saying something.
I can't remember what but Xin Hao was freaking out hahaha.
His wallet was on top of the cup noodles and he told me,
'that guy was like drunk eh! I was damn afraid that he will take my wallet and run!'
HAHA wild imaginations, but it's realistic enough that I can imagine after hearing him too.
Found a corner along the river that was still empty and we sat there drinking, chatting, while he eat his cup noodle.

Night view!

Xin Hao and his cup noodle. Flash blinded him haha!


He actually can't drink a lot.
That little bottle he's holding there?
It was nothing strong but he got like drunk and went crazy after that.
I was worrying about whether he can even get home by himself haha.

Well that sums up quite a bit. There are a few more interesting stories but hmm no pictures haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment